Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Reggie's birthday camping trip!

I got Reggie a camp stove for his birthday!
(of coarse it is so HE can cook me delicious food when we go camping)
Kyler REALLY wanted to sit on it-hhmmm, fried Kyler-I bet it's sweet ;)
This is our wildlife for the weekend. I don't think I have ever seen wild turkeys.

Our exciting camp!

Mommy and Kyler chillin' on our nature walk.

WOW-what a cool rock :)

Cooper and Kira had fun sitting on this tree. Reggie was bouncing it a bunch. Cooper actually fell off and Kira was holding on for her life. Cooper totally face planted.

What a cool sideways growing tree! Cooper was terrified going up as high as he did in this picture, yet he can jump off my kitchen counter!

Kira is such an actress! And very brave! She climbed higher than Reggie until I finally told her to come down. She (pretended) to get stuck and guess who she wanted to rescue her...Cooper. That's right Cooper is her prince charming I guess. While waiting for Cooper to go two feet up the tree she slipped and got pretty scraped up, but she hung on for life again and didn't fall down. She just hung on until Daddy came to her rescue.

CELL PHONE on a camping trip?! WHAT?! Ever since Reggie's Dad had a stroke about 1 or 2 months ago, Reggie has been super busy. The phone is always on his ear(I have got to get this guy a blue tooth) His Dad is doing good but we don't think he'll ever return to work or even be able to drive for that matter, he is a lot different now. So the business has been in much need of Reggie since he is basically the replacement for his Dad. We were lucky to even get a little time off for this trip.
We were at the very end of a long dirt road and camped in a spot with cell service-what luck ;)
I love this picture-Reggie and the kids were getting ready to shoot. The kids were having a blast putting ear muffs on Kyler.

We love DADDY!


Dinner AND a show!



Kira was about to perform and needed Daddy to take care of her bear. Daddy is a great bearsitter.


Here is the show...
After breakfast we(the kids) decided to have an on the spot talent show!
Cooper did his infamous cowboy dance-whoa!


My adorable little Kira doing a little dance and jumping jacks.

Happy 29th Birthday Reggie!
I am a bad wife and didn't come prepared with a cake so when we made pancakes I made Reggie pancakes in the shape of a 2 and a 9 and I was prepared with candles so he blew out the candle on his pan CAKE!
We love to eat good when we go camping!

3 comments:

Summers Family said...

Looks like LOTS of fun... what a birthday!

Burdett Family said...

How fun. Looks like the kids had fun in that tree.

*Katie May* said...

looks like you guys had so much fun . love all the pics